Crews put out fire on roof of George St. building
Updated On: Jun 19 2013 03:02:02 PM CDT
Radiant heat from a cutting saw caused a fire at 1820 George Street in La Crosse Wednesday morning.
La Crosse firefighters were called to the building at about 9:25 p.m. for after a report of smoke in the building.
Crews used Thermal Imaging Cameras and found a smoldering fire at the roof line of the northeast corner of the building. Firefighters opened up the area and used water can extinguishers to put out the fire.
The La Crosse Fire Department says early detection by people in the building and quick action by firefighters helped them contain the fire to where it was detected.
Copyright 2013 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.