Fire contained to oven at Northern Engraving
Updated On: Mar 13 2014 06:46:30 PM CDT
Three people were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at Northern Engraving at 600 Brickl Road in West Salem Thursday afternoon.
Members from the first shift were sent home slightly early.
The West Salem Fire Lieutenant Kurt Weber told News 8 a malfunction with an industrial oven caused the fire. When fire fighters arrived, the building had already been evacuated and there was heavy smoke in the building. The fire was contained to the oven.
Initially, firefighters told us second shift was canceled at Northern Engraving, but the company has since told us they are still working and third shift should report as normal.
Copyright 2014 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.